Wednesday, November 16, 2011

  • So this is "The lonesome Doe"... She doesn't have a name yet... Just a character for a graphic novel or short run comic I have in the works... I am really excited about this idea.. I am a very big fan of comics and read a few pretty regularly such as "Fables" and "Sweettooth"... Just love and admire the artist James Jean a whole whole lot... But anyways the basis of this comic is that the main character "the lonesome doe" is a very guarded lonely girl... lets say a senior in highshcool or freshmen in college.... she is very guarded thus the antlers of a stag... but she is really a vulnerable sweet doe... So she will have antlers a majority of the time except you will notice there are times when she does not and those are the times that she has her gaurd down and is being herself and letting someone in.... Like I said it's in the very beginning stages... I just wanted to show the first sketch and share the idea... A graphic novel or comic is something I feel really passionately about creating.... So just keep on the look out! More soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Justin!! I'm so glad you have a blog now. I am Taylor's mom (and an artist also). Come check out my blog when you have time. I love comics, too. My personal favorites are Theo Ellsworth www.thoughtcloudfactory.com and Linda Barry www.marlysmagazine.com

    Theo is a friend, we teach together in Seattle.

    I followed your blog...can't wait to see what you do next!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete