- This is an illustration I recently finished and It came out beautifly... It is titled "No turning back now!"... I am working on a back story for it and I have been doing a seiries of kind of creepy pen and ink and water colors and I am considering maybe writing stories to each illustration and making a kind of book of ghost stories. I think It would be a very fun project. So keep on the lookout for that and many others!
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
- So I started doodling the other day and here are a few of the outcomes... I started by just putting down shapes with watercolor and then adding detail to the watercolor and ended up haveing a great outcome of quit a few little monsters... I have around ten to 20 more I will post in the next few days... These are very fun to make and I would like to do a run of Last Days Press t-shirts with them and possibly some stickers and I have a few skateboard ideas floating around...
- Soooo look out for these in the future and pick some up!!!
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
- This is a graphic novel I am working on... Writing and illustrating currently but looking for help with the writing... But basicly it is the unbyist and realistic depiction of a 9 month relationship between a guy and a girl .. Their issues with commitment and trust and complex issues brought on by their past with family and other relationships... Each chapter will catalog a month of the relationships... it will be 9 chapters of course at around 12 pgs each... I am very very excited about this project and what it could possibly evolve into... I like the idea of making something someone can relate to and think hey "I am not alone".. or hey " There are other people out there that have had similar experiences"...
- Above we have Sofia- she is 21 and very gaurded and selective to who she cares about and lets in... she can be the sweetest girl in the world but has a pretty sarcastic bite... she comes from a decently wealthy family and hasn't had to work much... she is a sophmore in college she has multiple family and past relationship issues but nothing to far from the norm.... She has a very complex personality. She hates to be called Sof or Sofey... She will correct anyone who makes the mistake of calling her either.. She has a beautiful smile and looks that coold make you melt into a puddle on the coldest day in December.
- Above we also have Elliot- he is 26 and a struggling illustrator who works at a local bagel shop but still has big dreams for his craft... Him or his family have never really had much money and he still pretty much believes he never will... he has had a few serious relationships.. all of them ending horrificly.. he has pretty much given up on meeting anyone at all and focuses on his art... he also has many family issues... having parents that were remarried multiple times and never knowing his real biological father until he was in his early 20's.. who saught him out through one of the internets many social network sites. He is also very gaurded but an old soul... he always is preaching his distain but deep down never really loses hope.
- I don't wanna give everything away but this is just to give you a little depth to these characters and the whole idea and plans I have for this... I know these things will change somewhat throughout the process.. I would like to explain the title but I think I will save the explanation for a later day... Stay tuned I really think this could be a great adventure.
- So this is "The lonesome Doe"... She doesn't have a name yet... Just a character for a graphic novel or short run comic I have in the works... I am really excited about this idea.. I am a very big fan of comics and read a few pretty regularly such as "Fables" and "Sweettooth"... Just love and admire the artist James Jean a whole whole lot... But anyways the basis of this comic is that the main character "the lonesome doe" is a very guarded lonely girl... lets say a senior in highshcool or freshmen in college.... she is very guarded thus the antlers of a stag... but she is really a vulnerable sweet doe... So she will have antlers a majority of the time except you will notice there are times when she does not and those are the times that she has her gaurd down and is being herself and letting someone in.... Like I said it's in the very beginning stages... I just wanted to show the first sketch and share the idea... A graphic novel or comic is something I feel really passionately about creating.... So just keep on the look out! More soon!
- This is a piece I did for my grandparents on their 50th wedding anniversery, titled "Good Man, Good Woman, Good Life".... They are such good people who I admire very much... Some of the most constantly productive people I have ever met or know and I really hope I can be as productive with my art as they have with all things in their life. Love you Cowpa and Gma!
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
- These are a few owl prints I did a month or so back. Just a fun and simple project. The drawings are in pin and ink and then I scanned the original drawings and inhanced them with color from photoshop. I hardly ever use this much color or enhancement from an outside source. Though I have to say I am very happy with the outcome of these and I will be doing more in the future. That being said I have 11x17 and 5x7 prints available of both of these in my shop.
Monday, November 14, 2011
- So these are a few prints I did of Morrissey the singer if you don't already know of a fantastic band by the name of "THE SMITH".... (If you have never heard of them I highly suggest a listen penciled into your busy schedule).... all though this piece might not start panic in the streets of london I had a great time making it and have 11x14 and 5x7 prints of both for sale in my shop. Limited runs on both and on nice classy cardstock. All signed and numbered.
- The Pine Hill Haints poster I did for Bottletree Cafe a local venue/bar here in Bham... Wanted to go for a creepy 60's horror movie feel... Reason being that The Pine Hill Haints are a rockabilly band from Huntsville, Al and their songs consist of local ghosts stories and folklore.
Posted by last Days Press at 9:26 PM